Debt recovery in the current climate is increasingly challenging for local authorities and other public sector bodies, with increasing pressure on them to recover more debt, whilst utilising fewer resources. The specialist teams at J&P Credit Solutions has been working in close partnership with public sector clients including councils, ALMOs and housing associations since the 1990’s. We have a wealth of experience and practical understanding of the unique challenges that confront our local authority partners when seeking to recover outstanding debts.
We have steadily expanded our client base in recent years and now work with many major authorities and social housing providers, in London, the South East and the Midlands. This growth has been based on our unique partnership approach to debt recovery in the public sector:
- We have a reputation for devising practical and innovative approaches to risk sharing and conditional fee pricing arrangements
- We understand the important statutory responsibilities that underpin the services local authorities provide and ensure that our recovery processes have due regard for vulnerability issues and fairness, whilst still being effective
- We have developed specialist product solutions for niche areas of complex debt recoveries such as adult social care debts and deceased debtor recoveries for example
- We go the extra mile with services like our Specialist Client Visits – joint visits with council officers and expert staff aimed at resolving debt disputes and securing payments, particularly in difficult or vulnerable circumstances
- We agree and deliver bespoke strategies, services and systems integration with our latest case management software
- We support in-house teams with advanced data analytics to minimise risk, prioritise cases and maximise your recovery rates
- We provide regular training seminars and networking events tailored specifically for local authority clients, for example with the Pre-action protocol for debt recovery
- With our industry leading collections capabilities aligned to our long-standing reputation for legal recovery work, we can offer support across the full range of pre-legal and legal strategies and complete outsourced solutions where required.
Just some of the areas of local authority debt that we specialise in include:
Council tax and business rates
Adult social care debt
Enforcement of Orders for Sale
Overpayment of housing benefit
Residential accommodation charges
Overpayment of salary
Works in default
Building control fees and charges
Former tenants’ arrears
To find out more about our Legal 500 listed team and their market leading skills and expertise in providing solutions to your local authority debt recovery issues, please contact our business development team on 020 8290 7400.