Debt recovery in the current climate is increasingly challenging for local authorities with increasing pressure on them to recover more debt, whilst utilising fewer resources. The specialist Local Authority team at J&P Credit Solutions has been working in close partnership with public sector clients including councils, ALMOs and housing associations since the 1990’s. We have a wealth of experience and practical understanding of the unique challenges that confront our local authority partners when seeking to recover outstanding debts.
We have steadily expanded our client base in recent years and now work with many major authorities and social housing providers, in London, the South East and the Midlands. This growth has been based on our unique partnership approach to debt recovery in the public sector:
- We have a reputation for devising practical and innovative approaches to risk sharing and conditional fee pricing arrangements
- We understand the important statutory responsibilities that underpin the services local authorities provide and ensure that our recovery processes have due regard for vulnerability issues and fairness, whilst still being effective
- We have developed specialist product solutions for niche areas of complex debt recoveries such as adult social care debts and deceased debtor recoveries for example
- We agree and deliver bespoke strategies, services and systems integration with our latest case management software
- Regular training seminars and networking events tailored specifically for local authority clients
- With our industry leading collections capabilities aligned to our long-standing reputation for legal recovery work, we can offer support across the full range of pre-legal and legal strategies and complete outsourced solutions where required.
To find out more about our market leading skills and expertise in local authority recoveries, please contact our business development team on 020 8290 7096.
- Service charges
- Council tax and business rates
- Adult social care debt
- Deceased debtors
- Overpayment of housing benefit
- Residential accommodation charges
- Overpayment of salary
- Sundry debts
- Works in default
- Building control fees and charges
- Former tenants arrears
- Commercial waste.
Contact Sarah Omope on 020 8290 7389 or email Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org.